Four-Maudies – recommended
For the Augusta area, this is among the best Chinese food I’ve had. My rating is based on the food only. The actual restaurant is a dump, but I have had lots of great food from dumpy places all over the world. Get take out.
Totally obscure in a North Augusta strip shopping center (Publix/K-Mart). The food is excellent. Owners/chefs are Chinese and do not speak very good English, but they know how to cook!
Some of the dishes I have had there include:
- Chicken wings (they have a variety of flavors)
- Potstickers/fried dumplings (really good)
- Hot and sour soup – very good
- white rice cooked properly
- spring rolls – nice and not over-fried or dripping with oil
- sweet and sour pork – very basic, good red sauce
- beef with garlic sauce – tender meat and veggies, good sauce
- Kung pao shrimp – good and had a proper amount of peanuts/peanut flavor
Their menu has all the usual Chinese dishes you would expect. Great prices, you really can’t go wrong.
340 E Martintown Rd
North Augusta, SC 29841
Click for map