I have never had a cheese cake better than this. It is so creamy and the sour cream layer on top is so silky and luxurious. Combined with a simple graham cracker and butter crust, it is unbelievably good. You can add a nice fruit drizzle on top, but it isn’t necessary. This is based on my mother’s recipe.
Creamy Cheese Cake
18 regular graham crackers (two packs from a three pack box)
1/3 cup unsalted butter
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup sugar
3 8-oz packages regular cream cheese
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp sugar
Note: Do not use low fat cream cheese or sour cream. This is not a low cal cake and it shouldn’t be. The objective is for it to taste good. Also,this is a pretty quick to make recipe, but finishing it requires a few hours of cooling, then additional brief baking, then cooling in the refrigerator.
1. Allow cream cheese to soften at room temperature. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Use a food processor or rolling pin to create fine crumbs from the graham crackers. Put crumbs in a bowl and mix in 2 tbsp sugar. Melt butter and thoroughly mix into crumbs. Line the bottom and sides of a spring form pan as evenly as possible.
3. Beat eggs in a mixing bowl until light. Gradually add the cup of sugar while continuing to beat. Beat until smooth.
4. Continue beating and add the softened cream cheese a small amount at a time, mixing until smooth each time. Add the vanilla and mix until thoroughly blended.
5. Pour cream cheese mixture into the crumb crust and bake for 45 minutes in the 350 degree oven.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix the sour cream and 1 tablespoon sugar. Spread on the cake and bake for 5-minutes.
7. Cool in the refrigerator, then remove from spring form pan.